From People on Psychedelics
Roman Polanski (born Rajmund Roman Thierry Polański; 18 August 1933) is a Polish and, since 1976, naturalized-French film director, producer, writer, and actor.
- SPIEGEL: You write in your autobiography that you took LSD together and listened to music, and that that was how you got together.
- Polanski: It was before we started filming. Of course, we didn't take any LSD during filming. Don't forget that LSD was still legal at the time. But Sharon and I were not granted a future together. It didn't last long.
- - Polanski on Polanski: The Director Discusses His Life Tragedies
- Francesco Vezzoli: I remember reading that once in London in the ’60s you were depressed and you took LSD. Do you remember the experience?
- RP: Yes. [laughs] I remember it very well.
- - interviewed by Francesco Vezzoli, Christopher Bollen